3rd July 2012
Photoset with 18 notes
Everyone knows there’s one person in Wellsville who knows how to do anything: Monica the Kreb Scout. She’s got merit badges in everything from ethnic dance to ninjitsu—so we asked Scoutmaster Shaenon K. Garrity to draw up a set for the zine (where they’ll be laid out so you can cut ‘em out and affix them to your official Kreb Scout sash without damaging the rest of the book).
For now, though, here’s a preview of nine of our favorites:
- Astronomy - Scout can accurately identify at least six constellations.
- Bowling - Scout has demonstrated mastery over the ball.
- Cephalopods - Scout has demonstrated proficiency in the care and feeding of our tentacled friends.
- Chemistry - Scout can use science to pinpoint the source of urine in a public swimming pool.
- Funeral Arts - Scout has successfully completed courses in embalming, interment, and monument design and construction.
- Lunar Ballet - Scout has demonstrated proficiency at Lunar ballet (Earth-gravity variants acceptable).
- Nightcrawler - Scout has successfully stayed awake for a minimum of 24 consecutive hours.
- Survival (Indoor) - Scout can survive for up to three days on the bounty of the classroom.
- Time Travel - Scout has successfully traveled in time and can identify at least three sources of riboflavin.
(For Ethnic Dance, Extraterrestrial Life, Food Service, Halloweenie, Orienteering, Rooftop Gardening, Survival (Outdoor), Word Problems, Wrestling, Little Viking, Waiting for October, and the world-famous Bus Driver Service Award, you’ll have to wait for the zine itself.)